lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: 6.4 release
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 06:39:40 GMT

> On 4 Jan 2017, at 05:00, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
>
> If the metrics changes get in, I will be very, very happy. We’ve been running with
local hacks for four years.

Most of the key instrumentation is already in place. Shalin and I are working now on cloud-related
metrics (transaction log metrics, aggregated metrics from replicas and from shard leaders).
There’s one improvement that would be good to put into 6.4: SOLR-9911 Add a way to filter
metrics by prefix in the MetricsHandler API. This would help a lot in optimizing the retrieval
of selected metrics, from among the hundreds that we track now.

Andrzej