lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: dist.apache.org - Lucene PGP KEYS files mm
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 23:48:49 GMT
Hi,

> Some historic context: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5143

Oh, I remember!

> Keep in mind that things like the solr ref guide and pylucene releases
> don't do "per-release" KEY files, so completley eliminating those URLs
> would require a change to those process.
>
> on the flip side: see Uwe's comment in that Jira questioning the rationale
> of snapshoting the KEY files per-release anyway, instead of just always
> using a continuously growing, automatically updated, KEYS file using LDAP
> as the source of truth.

I still think this is the best place, if:
- People also keep their historic GPG keys on the LDAP account
- There is a way to link the autogen'ed file from the website and its guaranteed to be there.

I think the Apache Infra Team should change id.apache.org that only adding of keys is possible
with self-service. But removing old keys should be impossible for a non-admin or some extra
crosschecks. If a key really needs to be deleted, it should happen with human interaction
- ensuring it was not used anywhere (at least at Apache).

> I personally have no opinion, but agree the current situation is
> confusing.

:-(

Uwe