lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checkout branch_6x?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 19:40:21 GMT
Peter,

I’ve never used ‘git init’ - its man page says "This command creates an empty Git repository”.
 So it’s not surprising that you don’t find any branches from a Lucene/Solr repository,
since what you get after this has no connection with Lucene/Solr.

What command did you use to clone the Lucene/Solr repo?

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Nov 17, 2016, at 2:35 PM, Cotroneo, Peter (ELS) <p.cotroneo@elsevier.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> Cheers for the quick reply!
>
> I tried that, but it doesn't appear to work:
>
> $ git init
> Reinitialized existing Git repository in C:/dev/solr/.git/
>
> $ git checkout branch_6_3
> error: pathspec 'branch_6_3' did not match any file(s) known to git.
>
> I also tried git branch -a beforehand, but it doesn't return anything.  I'm using Git
Bash on (dreaded) Windows, so I wonder if that's the issue...?  I managed to clone the repo,
though.

> Peter

codebase.  I’m trying to checkout branch 6.3.0, but to no avail.

>> I’ve cloned the read/write repo, and am trying to do git checkout branch_6.3.0
(and every variation thereof, e.g., branch_6_3_0, branch_630, etc.).  I keep getting the following
error: