lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Colvin Cowie (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (SOLR-9490) BoolField always returning false for non-DV fields?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 14:38:20 GMT


Colvin Cowie edited comment on SOLR-9490 at 9/9/16 2:37 PM:

-ignore this-

was (Author: cjcowie):
-Well, the version seems to the reason for the discrepancy between what we are seeing. The
schema was version 1.5. With 1.6, the json response returns the correct value, however the
javabin still returns false. (This is with new indexes in both cases, not upgraded.)-

Edit: Actually, something else seems to be going on here. Booleans on 1.5 are returning true
for me again. I'm going to have to look at it more closely

Changing toExternal() to fallback to its original behaviour fixes javabin for me.

I did observe some strange behaviour where having one boolean field with docValues enabled
appeared to fix all the other boolean fields, regardless of whether they have docValues enabled,
which is quite puzzling, so I may be mistaken on that. I'll try and have another look at it.

> BoolField always returning false for non-DV fields?
> ---------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-9490
>                 URL:
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Default Security Level. Issues are Public) 
>    Affects Versions: 6.2
>            Reporter: Hoss Man
>            Priority: Critical
> 2 diff users posted comments in SOLR-9187 indicating that changes introduced in that
issue have broken BoolFields that do *not* use DocValues...
> [~cjcowie]...
> {quote}
> Hi, I've just picked up 6.2.0. It seems that the change to toExternal() in BoolField
now means that booleans without DocValues return null, which then turns into Boolean.FALSE
in toObject() regardless of whether the value is true or false.
> e.g. with this schema, facet counts are correct, the returned values are wrong.
> {code}
> <field name="f_EVE64" type="boolean" indexed="true" stored="true" required="false"
> <fieldType name="boolean" class="solr.BoolField" sortMissingLast="true"/>
> {code}
> {code}
> "response":{"numFound":2,"start":0,"maxScore":1.0,"docs":[
>       {
>         "id":"124",
>         "f_EVE64":false,
>         "_version_":1544828487600177152},
>       {
>         "id":"123",
>         "f_EVE64":false,
>         "_version_":1544828492458229760}]
>   },
>   "facet_counts":{
>     "facet_queries":{},
>     "facet_fields":{
>       "f_EVE64":[
>         "false",1,
>         "true",1]},
> {code}
> Could toExternal() perhaps fallback to how it originally behaved? e.g.
> {code}
> if (f.binaryValue() == null) {
>       return indexedToReadable(f.stringValue());
> }
> {code}
> {quote}
> [~pavan_shetty]...
> {quote}
> I downloaded solr version 6.2.0 (6.2.0 764d0f19151dbff6f5fcd9fc4b2682cf934590c5 - mike
- 2016-08-20 05:41:37) and installed my core.
> In my schema.xml i have an field like following :
> <field name="stock_status" type="boolean" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="false"/>
> Now i am accessing this field using SolrJ (6.1.0). But i am always getting false value
for above field even though it contains true boolean value. This is happening for all boolean
> http://localhost:8983/solr...wt=javabin&version=2 HTTP/1.1
> It is working fine in other response writer.
> If i change the solr version to 6.1.0, with same SolrJ, it starts working. So clearly
this is a bug in version 6.2.0.
> {quote}

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message