lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index partition corrupted during a regular flush due to FileNotFoundException on DEL file
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 14:59:18 GMT
The del file should be present for each segment assuming it
has any documents that have been updated or deleted.

Of course if some process external to Solr removed it, you'd
get this error.

A less common reason is that your disk is full. Solr/Lucene
require that you have at least as much free space on your
disk as the index occupies. Thus if you have 10G total
disk space used up by your index, you must have at
least 10G free space, is it possible that you're running without
enough disk space?

If anything like that is the case you should see errors in your
Solr logs, assuming they haven't been rolled over. Is there
anything suspicious there? Look for ERROR (all caps) and/or
"Caused by" as a start.

Best,
Erick