lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Contacted by IBM about problems with Lucene/Solr on their JVM
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 20:11:48 GMT
On 9/1/2016 8:31 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> Without knowing more, it sounds like it was a personal email about
> their opinion vs your personal opinion (I assume they didn't say they
> were speaking for IBM?)

This is what the message said:

-----
A customer has pointed me at your page
(https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ShawnHeisey) which suggests that the IBM
JVM does not work well Solr/Lucene.

I would love to have a chance to address any problems you might have
encountered with the IBM JVM when running Solr/Lucene. If it is possible
to describe how to recreate any problems you have found when running on
the IBM JVM I would appreciate it. I am hoping to address some issues
before any actual users of Solr/Lucene encounter those problems.
-----

Minutes after I started this thread, he popped up on this issue:

If IBM will work with us to fix problems, then there would no reason for
my page to recommend not using their JVM.

Thanks,
Shawn