lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Is precisionStep stuff still useful with docValues?
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 16:02:00 GMT
Hi,

I was looking at the type definitions in our examples and we have
numerics with precisionStep=0 and those with precisionStep=8. But the
documentation that explains why the later are useful
(NumericRangeQuery) is now a (LegacyNumericRangeQuery) and the source
code seems to show that docValues can (should?) be used instead.

So, are the additional types with non-zero precisionStep still have
their place? Or can we just use a single numeric type and add
docValues if they will be used with range queries?

Regards,
   Alex.

----
http://www.solr-start.com/