lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mike Drob (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (SOLR-8933) SolrDispatchFilter::consumeInput logs "Stream Closed" IOException
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 20:49:25 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8933?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Mike Drob updated SOLR-8933:
----------------------------
    Attachment: SOLR-8933.patch
                SOLR-8933.patch

Thanks for catching that, I had started with an unclean workspace. Here's an updated patch.

> SolrDispatchFilter::consumeInput logs "Stream Closed" IOException
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-8933
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8933
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Mike Drob
>            Assignee: Mark Miller
>         Attachments: SOLR-8933.patch, SOLR-8933.patch
>
>
> After SOLR-8453 we started seeing some IOExceptions coming out of SolrDispatchFilter
with "Stream Closed" messages.
> It looks like we are indeed closing the request stream in several places when we really
need to be letting the web container handle their life cycle. I've got a preliminary patch
ready and am working on testing it to make sure there are no regressions.
> A very strange piece of this is that I have been entirely unable to reproduce it on a
unit test, but have seen it on cluster deployment quite consistently.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message