lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: Master branch and java version
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 18:16:53 GMT
Yup, that fixes it.  Thanks Uwe!

Although perhaps we should be forcing everybody to upgrade to a non-buggy JVM anyway :-)

On 1 Mar 2016, at 17:38, Uwe Schindler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I committed the following fix, simplifying the code to a one-liner:
> https://goo.gl/Vv8PXp
>
> This should work around the 8u25 bug.
>
> Can anybody verify this?
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

working through upgrading my JDK and getting master compiling again when I saw your message.

> —
> Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect
> http://www.lucidworks.com
>

> On Mar 1, 2016, at 9:52 AM, david.w.smiley@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Me too; minutes after your notice Alan.  Thanks for the FYI.
>
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 5:18 AM Varun Thacker <varunthacker1989@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also ran into the same problem. I was using 1.8.0_31 . Upgrading worked though.
>
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Alan Woodward <alan@flax.co.uk> wrote:
> common.compile-core:
>     [javac] Compiling 1 source file to /Users/woody/asf/lucene-solr-trunk/lucene/build/suggest/classes/java
>     [javac] /Users/woody/asf/lucene-solr-trunk/lucene/suggest/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/suggest/tst/TSTLookup.java:79:
error: cannot assign a value to final variable aStop
>     [javac]       aStop = aUpto + a.length;
>     [javac]       ^
>     [javac] /Users/woody/asf/lucene-solr-trunk/lucene/suggest/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/suggest/tst/TSTLookup.java:81:
error: cannot assign a value to final variable aStop
>     [javac]       aStop = aUpto + b.length;
>     [javac]       ^
>     [javac] 2 errors
>
> Compiles under 1.8.0_74, gives this error for 1.8.0_25
>

> On 29 Feb 2016, at 21:38, Uwe Schindler wrote:
>

> Can you post the error? I touched that code yesterday. Maybe I broke that. It would still
be good to fix this.

> Uwe
>
> Am 29. Februar 2016 21:08:50 MEZ, schrieb Alan Woodward <alan@flax.co.uk>:
> Just in case anybody else out there runs into this, I was having problems compiling master
earlier using Java 1.8.0_25, due to the compiler not liking an immediate assignment to a final
variable in TSTLookup.java.  Upgrading to 1.8.0_74 made the problem go away.