lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 6.0.0 Release Branch
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 15:48:18 GMT
+1 to a separate branch_6_0 for the freeze. I'm going to create a 6.1
section in CHANGES.txt.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Alan Woodward <alan@flax.co.uk> wrote:
> Should we create a separate branch_6_0 branch for the feature-freeze?  I
> have stuff to push into master and that should eventually make it into 6.1,
> and it will be easy to forget to backport stuff if there's a week before I
> can do that…
>
> Alan Woodward
> www.flax.co.uk
>
>
> On 2 Mar 2016, at 09:39, Nicholas Knize wrote:
>
> Yes! The 6x branch is in feature freeze but bug fixes are still OK. We'll
> let jenkins settle over the next week or so before beginning the actual
> release process.
>
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:30 AM, Michael McCandless
> <lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Nick!
>>
>> Is it OK if I push LUCENE-7059 (6.0 blocker I opened yesterday)?
>> Point values issues...
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Nicholas Knize <nknize@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I created branch_6x and updated the version in master to 7.0.0 but it
>> > looks
>> > like I do not have jenkins karma to configure builds for the new 6x
>> > branch.
>> > Can someone have a look at configuring the builds?
>> >
>> > On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 11:40 PM, Nicholas Knize <nknize@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Thanks for the info David!
>> >>
>> >> I'll likely update version labels and create the 6X branch late
>> >> tomorrow
>> >> or early the next day. Let me know if anyone has an issue with this
>> >> timing.
>> >>
>> >> Thanks,
>> >>
>> >> - Nick
>> >>
>> >> On Monday, February 29, 2016, david.w.smiley@gmail.com
>> >> <david.w.smiley@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>>
>> >>> I consider https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7056 (a little
>> >>> spatail3d reshuffling) blocker before 6.0 as it's the ideal time to
>> >>> move
>> >>> things around / rename.  But I don't mind doing an extra cherry pick
>> >>> in the
>> >>> end if you want to go create the branch without waiting.  So I don't
>> >>> know if
>> >>> you want to call that a blocker or not.
>> >>>
>> >>> Also, FYI there's a feature LUCENE-5735
>> >>> (NumberRangePrefixTreeStrategy.calcFacets) that I committed to master
>> >>> (but
>> >>> not 5x) over a year ago but didn't quite close the issue.  I had found
>> >>> a bug
>> >>> or two but then lost the time to finish it.   I'd rather remove this
>> >>> feature
>> >>> from the 6x branch after you create the branch.  When I get more time
>> >>> (very
>> >>> likely this year) I can resolve the lingering bugs and get it into
>> >>> whatever
>> >>> 6.x release comes along then.  So nothing for you to do here but
>> >>> wanted to
>> >>> let you know.
>> >>>
>> >>> Hey thanks for pitching in to do the release.
>> >>>
>> >>> ~ David
>> >>>
>> >>> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 11:09 PM Nicholas Knize <nknize@gmail.com>
>> >>> wrote:
>> >>>>
>> >>>> Thanks Uwe!  Indeed we need branch_6x (and master versions changed)
>> >>>> first. I'll plan to get that done Monday and/or Tuesday. Let me
know
>> >>>> if
>> >>>> there are any blockers and I'll send a note to the list before I
>> >>>> create the
>> >>>> branch.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> - Nick
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>> On Wednesday, February 24, 2016, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de>
>> >>>> wrote:
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> Hi Nicholas,
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> before we start a branch_6_0 we should do the following:
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> -          Start branch_6x as “new stable branch”
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> -          Update version numbers in “master” to 7.0
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> This should be done maybe early next week and then after a while
>> >>>>> that
>> >>>>> things settle (also the Jenkins Jobs for branch_6x are set up),
we
>> >>>>> can
>> >>>>> proceed with a gap:
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> -          Cut branch_6_0
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> -          Update version numbers in “branch_6x” to 6.1
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> Uwe
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> -----
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> Uwe Schindler
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> http://www.thetaphi.de
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> From: Nicholas Knize [mailto:nknize@gmail.com]
>> >>>>> Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:23 PM
>> >>>>> To: Lucene/Solr dev <dev@lucene.apache.org>
>> >>>>> Subject: Lucene/Solr 6.0.0 Release Branch
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> With the release of 5.5 and the previous discussion re: 6.0.0
I'd
>> >>>>> like
>> >>>>> to keep the ball moving and volunteer as the 6.0.0 RM.
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> If there are no objections my plan is to cut branch_6_0 early
next
>> >>>>> week
>> >>>>> - Mon or Tues. Please mark blocker issues accordingly and/or
let me
>> >>>>> know if
>> >>>>> there are any commits needed before cutting the branch.
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>> - Nick
>> >>>
>> >>> --
>> >>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> >>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> >>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>> >
>> >
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org
>>
>
>



-- 
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message