lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Raveendra Yerraguntla <raveendra.yerragun...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr cloud replication factort
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 03:28:51 GMT
All,

I am using Solr 5.4 in solr cloud mode in a 8 node cluster. Used the
replication factor of 1 for creating the index, then switched to
replication factor > 1 for redundancy. With replication factor > 1, and
tried to do indexing for incremental.  When the incremental indexing
happens - getting a stack trace with the root cause pointing to write.lock
is not available. Further analysis found that there is only one write.lock
across all shards (leader and replicas).

But with replication factor of 1 , I could see write.lock across all nodes.

is this the expected behavior (one write.lock) in the solr cloud with
replication factor > 1. If so how can the indexing be done (even though it
is slow) with distributed and redundant shards?

OR

is there any config param that is missing to create write.lock across all
shards with replication factor > 1.

Appreciate your insights.

Thanks
Ravi