lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Luciano <christophermluci...@gmail.com>
Subject Remote file systems solrcloud
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2016 21:47:46 GMT
Hi I'd like to know if anyone has had much success with remote file systems or NAS type storage
backends for SolrCloud. Right now we are using local disk  in a Mesos cluster but it would
be great if we could use something more tolerant to failure. We have to perform some hacks
to pin instances to machines in our Mesos cluster.

We have considered systems like Ceph. We've heard from some of our storage experts that Lucene
has certain issues with these types of parallel filesystems. Has anyone had experience with
this or something like glusterfs?

Sent from my iPad