lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: 5.5.0 release branch cut
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 22:01:32 GMT
Thanks Mike!

if any scripts below dev-tools need to be changed for some git stuff, could you please mention
“LUCENE-6938” in the commit messages, so we can easily checrry-pick the changes to other
branches (if needed) to older branches, too. I did this for my commits, too (mentioned all
relevant issue numbers), but “LUCENE-6938” is the main one. This allows to cherry pick
all commits easily (this is what we did with the 5.4 branch).

Smoker should already work as usual if you use commit hash instead of revision number in the
release URLs (I fixed ther JAR META-INF folder to do that correctly). Maybe we just have to
change the "rXXXXX" prefix to be a plain hash at some places.

Of course, pushing the release to dist.apache.org web server is still using SVN, this did
NOT change! Same applies for web page. So I don't think there is much to change in dev-tools
(I hope).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler