lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: GIT migration date (SVN freeze)
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 19:16:45 GMT

: You will have access to the source code -- the SVN remains functional,
: but it'll be an empty folder on the branches I mentioned.

1 suggestion Dawid...

Just before you run the massive "svn rm" command(s) needed for the wiping
commit(s), please run "svnversion" on each branch and make a note of the
r#, then refer to that in your last svn commit message(s),

trunk example...

svn commit -m "LUCENE-6937: purging all files from the trunk branch of SVN
as part of our git migration.  The new canonical GIT repo for this code
base is now https://git.ap...  If you wish to see the contents of this
branch just prior to this migration you can use 'svn update -r NNNN'"

(yes there are other ways for folks to figure this info out, but we might
as well make it trivial for folks looking at the svn log)

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/