lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Edwin Lee <edwin.jh....@gmail.com>
Subject To Detect Wheter Core is Available To Post
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 07:13:01 GMT
Hi All,

Our team is using the Solr to process log and we met a problem in SOLR
posting.

We want to detect the health of each core —- whether they are available to
post. We have to figure out ways to do that:

   1. Using luke request . —- Cost is a bit high for core loading
   2. We have designed a cache and adding the hook when the core is open or
   closed to record whether the core is loaded. —- *Question: If a core is
   loaded, is there situation that we still cannot post data to it?*
   3. We try to post some meanless data with our unique id, and delete that
   data within the same commit, like this

{
    "add": {
        "doc":{
            "id": "%%ID%%"
        }
    },
    "delete": { "id": "%%ID%%" },
    "commit": {}}

*But we still not 100% sure whether it will mess up with our normal data.*

What is the best way for this requirment. We want to consult your opinions.

Thank you.

Regards,
Edwin Lee
20160125