lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Chanan <gcha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Breaking Java back-compat in Solr
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 21:59:41 GMT
Has there been any discussion about annotating back compat expectations
universally, similar to hadoop's use of InterfaceStability?  That of course
only solves the first issue: "gets really tricky and confusing in terms of
what level of back-compat needs to be maintained", because it's defined by
the annotation.  It doesn't solve the policy issue of which annotation to
use for a given class, of course.