lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Updating whoweare page
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 13:49:14 GMT
On 1/29/2016 3:11 AM, Jan H√łydahl wrote:
> The page https://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html used to be sorted on last name. However
somewhere along the way things got messed up and new committers started adding themselves
to the end of the list.

> I have re-sorted the list, and want your consent to publish the changes. Please review
the staging site http://lucene.staging.apache.org/whoweare.html as well as the diff: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20080302/whoweare.patch
and verify that I have not messed up anything :-)

There is one thing the current sort gives somebody who looks at the page
-- an idea of who's new and who isn't. :)

I have no strong objection to your proposal.  If it had been sorted when
I added my name, I would have put it in the middle of the list instead
of the end and thought nothing of it.

I do wonder if maybe there's a record of the date that each committer
joined, and whether it would be appropriate to include that information?

Thanks,
Shawn