lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Lucene/Solr GIT migration, requesting infra help
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2016 07:36:54 GMT
On 01/23/2016 03:02 AM, Dawid Weiss wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> I've prepared everything for the migration and I hand it off to you (I
> will be available in the morning, if you need assistance). I can also
> log on to hipchat, but send me an e-mail if you wish me to.
>
> Here are the steps we kindly ask you to perform (I allowed myself to
> uppercase certain things, apologies if it looks like shouting):
>
> 1) Permanently REMOVE the following git mirrors of SVN (reason: they
> are obsolete and incorrect syncs, consolidated git repo contains full
> history):
>
> git://git.apache.org/solr.git
DONE

> git://git.apache.org/lucene.git
DONE

> 2) Notify (somehow) GitHub that these two repos have been removed
> (they should not be available or visible on GitHub as well):
>
> https://github.com/apache/lucene
DONE
> https://github.com/apache/solr
DONE

> 3) DISABLE svn syncing for the following git mirror:
>
> git://git.apache.org/lucene-solr.git
DONE

> and then REPLACE it (wipe it clean) with the content of the following
> consolidated repository:
>
> git@github.com:dweiss/lucene-solr-svn2git.git
>
> I don't know how it looks from the backend's side, but this should
> also work, if there are sufficient permissions:
>
> git clone git@github.com:dweiss/lucene-solr-svn2git.git
> git remote add apache git://git.apache.org/lucene-solr.git
> git push --mirror apache
We have our own methods, but nonetheless DONE. Please check that you
have write-access to the new repo.

> 4) I don't know if we need to make GitHub aware of the replaced
> content of the lucene-solr repo or if their syncing will handle this
> automatically. It would be nice if they could catch up as quickly as
> possible.

As explained on the JIRA ticket, if we're lucky, this should happen
automagically in about 20 minutes from now. If not, we'll have to wait
24 hours. Time will tell :)

With regards,
Daniel.