lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next release...
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 13:44:34 GMT
Le lun. 9 nov. 2015 à 19:16, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> a écrit :

> I would love to see a 5.4 release. All the tasks I had planned for the
> admin UI are done, so, barring any unforseen and as yet unreported bugs,
> it is ready to go.
>
> How much time commitment does it typically take to make a release? I'd
> consider volunteering, but may not have sufficient time to carry it all
> the way.

There is some good documentation about the release process at
https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo
<https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo.> Some operations take
time, like publishing javadocs, but it's mostly a matter of waiting for a
command to return so you're free to do other things at the same time.
Making a release is usually more about coordination (eg. when to cut the
branch and cut a RC), making sure that nobody shoves last-minute features
that could destabilize the build, leading discussions about whether to
respin when a bug is found depending on the criticity of the bug, etc.