lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Gove <dpg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Welcome Dennis Gove as Lucene/Solr committer
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 16:26:07 GMT
Wow! Thank you for the invite and all the well wishes!

Customary Intro Bio:
In a galaxy far far away ....

But seriously, I studied computer science at the University of
Massachusetts - Amherst and after graduating in 2006 started working at
Bloomberg LP in New York where I am currently on the Search Infrastructure
team. My first introduction to Solr was in 2014 and earlier this year,
after having my mind blown by distributed streaming, decided I wanted in on
this party. I try to focus my time at Bloomberg on tricky problems because
"it's not impossible, we just haven't figured out how to do it yet". I live
with my wife and two kids in Massachusetts and in my spare time love to
read, go boating, and root for the New England Patriots.

I look forward to getting deeper into this and working with all of you to
make Solr the best it can be.