lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Vanlerberghe, Luc" <Luc.Vanlerber...@bvdinfo.com>
Subject Fixed: Bug in solr.core TrieField (testcase provided as well)
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:41:43 GMT
I came across the following bug in the Solr atomic update code a few weeks ago:
As soon as a document has a date in a multivalued tdate field, it is impossible to do atomic
updates on any of the other fields.

I found a bug report in jira describing the exact same issue, so instead of creating a new
one I attached a testcase demonstrating the bug, a workaround and later the fix for the bug
to the existing one.

Unfortunately, the original report mistakenly does not classify it as a solr core issue, but
a java client one, which is probably why no committer even acknowledged the existence of the
problem.

I'm talking about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8050: "Partial update on document
with multivalued date field fails"
The pull request in there contains three commits (for trunk):

-          A testcase demonstrating the bug

-          A testcase demonstrating a workaround (providing the tdate values again so solr
doesn't have to try to reconstruct the existing ones)

-          A fix

I ran all testcases after applying the fix and they all passed (except for an unrelated file
access issue, probably because I'm using Windows)

I'm running the fixed version for solr-5.1.0 in a test environment for a while now and I'm
pretty confident it's ok.

Could anyone with sufficient karma please take a look?

Thanks,

Luc