lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 5.3.1 bug fix release
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 00:34:59 GMT
Done with those mentioned below.

One remaining item for these plus the others is to get CHANGES.txt updated on 5x and trunk
to have a 5.3.1 section and move the appropriate 5.4 entries to 5.3.1.   That section wasn’t
yet there, and I didn’t want to risk screwing up the file by adding it incorrectly.

	Erik

> On Sep 8, 2015, at 11:36 AM, Erik Hatcher <erik.hatcher@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would like to port the following:
>
> From branch_5x:
> * SOLR-7972: Fix VelocityResponseWriter template encoding issue.
>  Templates must be UTF-8 encoded. (Erik Hatcher)
>
> * SOLR-7929: SimplePostTool (also bin/post) -filetypes "*" now works properly in 'web'
mode (Erik Hatcher)

> And get SOLR-7978 (Really fix the example/files update-script Java version issues) resolved;
current patch is a test case and such, but the real fix is just to patch example/files/conf/update-script.js
(to make it work on Java 8 and 7, branch 5x example/files only works on Java 7 currently).

> I can get these ported/committed by end of day today.
>
> Thanks,
> 	Erik
>

>> On Sep 8, 2015, at 9:19 AM, Noble Paul <noble.paul@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to start the process ASAP.  I volunteer to be the RM.  Please let me
know the list of tickets you would like to include in the release and we can coordinate the
rest