lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: RC1 release of apache-solr-ref-guide-5.3.pdf
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 21:22:10 GMT
I fixed most of my comments. I’m afraid I don’t know anything about Confluence PDF export..

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 23. aug. 2015 kl. 21.42 skrev Cassandra Targett <casstargett@gmail.com>:
>
> Thanks, Jan.
>
> Regarding the word breaks, it's not ideal but Steve Rowe & I spent a lot of time
trying to only allow it in specific situations with little success. If you want to give it
a go, we'd be happy to have the improvement.

> If you don't have a chance to fix the other typos and issues you mention, can you add
them to the TODO list or as comments on the pages so we don't forget to fix them whenever
someone has time?

> Cassandra
>
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 6:26 AM, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com <mailto:jan.asf@cominvent.com>>
wrote:
> Comments
>
> General:
> * The line wrapping for linked and monospaced text breaks mid-word e.g. p6 “Ta-king”.
Realize that it is desired for loooong http links etc, but can we do better?
> * Long CODE blocks starts on one page with only blank lines and continues on the next.
Would be better with white space than the grey background.
> * The refGuide should not link to SearchHub.org <http://searchhub.org/> (which
now redirects to LucidWorks.com) (p225,263,264,266,440). We could instead refer to lucene.apache.org/solr/resources
<http://lucene.apache.org/solr/resources> for more info
> * Some places “Windows” is written with lowercase “w”
>
> Specific:
> * P5: In the “Got Java” chapter, should we start recommending (not requiring) Java8
and update -version command print to the same (since 7 is not supported)?
> * P222, 4th paragraph in "Overview of Searching in Solr": "The default query parser is
the DisMax query parser.”. This is wrong, the default query parser is “lucene”!
> * P222: 3rd paragraph from bottom: "Search parameters may also specify a query filter.”
- The common terminology is “filter query”, not “query filter"
> * P223: Is the CNET screen shot property attributed? Should probably be "© CBS Interactive
Inc." Also it is old, they have a completely new layout..