lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Uwe Schindler (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-7512) SolrOutputFormat creates an invalid solr.xml in the solr home zip for MapReduceIndexerTool
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 17:03:18 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-7512?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14565063#comment-14565063
] 

Uwe Schindler commented on SOLR-7512:
-------------------------------------

bq. For some reason that method in `TestUtil` wasn't correctly unpacking the zip and using
relative paths. Maybe that's another issue, in itself. I switched to the hadoop fs `FileUtil.unZip`.

The reason could be a "incorrectly packed ZIP file". There are some ZIP files out there that
use backslashes as separator. Maybe the one you uses had this problem.

> SolrOutputFormat creates an invalid solr.xml in the solr home zip for MapReduceIndexerTool
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-7512
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-7512
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: contrib - MapReduce
>    Affects Versions: 5.1
>            Reporter: Adam McElwee
>            Priority: Blocker
>         Attachments: SOLR-7512.patch, SOLR-7512.patch
>
>
> Sometime after Solr 4.9, the `MapReduceIndexerTool` got busted because invalid `solr.xml`
contents were being written to the solr home dir zip. My guess is that a 5.0 change made the
invalid file start to matter. 
> The error manifests as:
> {code:java}
> Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to initialize record writer for org.apache.solr.hadoop.MapReduceIndexerTool/SolrMapper,
attempt_1430953999892_0012_r_000001_1
>         at org.apache.solr.hadoop.SolrRecordWriter.<init>(SolrRecordWriter.java:126)
>         at org.apache.solr.hadoop.SolrOutputFormat.getRecordWriter(SolrOutputFormat.java:163)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask$NewTrackingRecordWriter.<init>(ReduceTask.java:569)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.runNewReducer(ReduceTask.java:643)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:394)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:175)
>         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>         at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1548)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:170)
> Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; Premature
end of file.
>         at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:156)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrXmlConfig.fromInputStream(SolrXmlConfig.java:127)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrXmlConfig.fromFile(SolrXmlConfig.java:110)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrXmlConfig.fromSolrHome(SolrXmlConfig.java:138)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.<init>(CoreContainer.java:142)
>         at org.apache.solr.hadoop.SolrRecordWriter.createEmbeddedSolrServer(SolrRecordWriter.java:162)
>         at org.apache.solr.hadoop.SolrRecordWriter.<init>(SolrRecordWriter.java:119)
>         ... 9 more
> Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; Premature end of file.
>         at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:145)
>         ... 15 more
> {code}
> The last version that I've successfully used `MapReduceIndexerTool` was 4.9, and I verified
that this patch resolves the issue for me (testing on 5.1). I spent a couple hours trying
to write a simple test case to exhibit the error, but I haven't quite figured out how to deal
with the {noformat}java.security.AccessControlException: java.io.FilePermission ...{noformat}
errors. 
> Pull request for bugfix [here|https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/147]



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message