lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alan Woodward (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (SOLR-7203) NoHttpResponseException handling in HttpSolrClient is wrong
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 21:16:38 GMT


Alan Woodward updated SOLR-7203:
    Attachment: SOLR-7203.patch

Better patch, with a test.  I've refactored executeMethod into two parts, executeMethod and
parseResponse, mainly to make testing easier.

I've noticed some other problems here, like the fact that we're wrapping IOExceptions in SolrServerExceptions,
which sort of defeats the point of the SolrClient.request() contract, but that can be dealt
with separately, I think.

> NoHttpResponseException handling in HttpSolrClient is wrong
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-7203
>                 URL:
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Alan Woodward
>            Assignee: Alan Woodward
>         Attachments: SOLR-7203.patch, SOLR-7203.patch
> We've got logic in HttpSolrClient to catch NoHttpResponseException and retry.  However,
this logic appears to be in the wrong place - it's in the createMethod function, which doesn't
actually execute any http requests at all.  It ought to be in executeMethod.
> Fixing this might help sort out the persistent Jenkins failures as well.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message