lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About Apache Solr Contribution
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:49:21 GMT
The first step is to get the source code, compile and test it. Here's
the page that'll help you get started:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

There are also sections on setting up IDEs etc. Do note that there are
some formatting guidelines, and for IntelliJ, Eclipse and (maybe)
Netbeans there are formatting files you can import.

Beyond that, you've done the right first step, soliciting opinions on
whether this is something generally useful. It's possible (and this is
out of my area of competence) that this would be a fine addition, I'll
let others chime in.

If you decide to go forward, raise a JIRA (see the link above) and
we'll see where it leads.

Best,
Erick