lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: jhighlight-1.0 contains LGPL-only files
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 18:58:41 GMT
We should remove it. It would not be a good thing to knowingly release
incompatible code. Then, upgrade to the latest Tika when we can.

Upayavira

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 04:41 PM, Steve Rowe wrote:
> +1 to remove.
>
> > On Mar 26, 2015, at 4:43 AM, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Looks like 5.1 release process will start soon - should we remove this .jar before
the release? I see there's some progress on TIKA-1581, but it doesn't look like it's going
to be resolved that soon.

> > Shai
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I suspect that the classes in question are in fact *not* used by Tika in any capacity,
but they are in the jar nonetheless.  So one solution would be to simply repackage the jar.
 I'd like to see what the Tika team says.

> > Karl
> >

> > On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:
> > although it might be easier to work with Tika to fix that and then upgrade again.
> >
> > If jhighlight was brought into Solr distribution as a transitive dependency then
you're right, but since we pull it in explicitly (even if for runtime purposes only), I think
we should remove it, whether Tika corrects the problem or not. We can put a note in our NOTICE
file for users to download the jar themselves until Tika fixes the problem.