lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Pendlebury <greg.pendleb...@gmail.com>
Subject Progress on SOLR-2649 (MM ignored in edismax queries with operators)
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 03:17:29 GMT
I would like to try and get the proposed fix on SOLR-2649 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2649) into the codebase if
possible. We have been running a patched v4.7.2 (SOLR-2649-with-Qop.patch)
in production since May 2014, and are currently planning an upgrade to
either Solr 5 or the latest v4.X (time will tell which).

I would love to be able to drop this patch out of our build procedures, and
I am happy to help with any work involved, but not sure where to start (in
terms of procedure, not code). The wiki doco on contributing which I read
last time just said to put patches in Jira, but I guess this one needs a
little more of a push. Given the potentially disruptive nature of the
change inside edismax I think more feedback from other edismax users would
be nice, but the Jira ticket doesn't get a lot of comment normally.

Ta,
Greg