lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject checkJavaDocs.py
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 10:19:42 GMT
Hi all,

My patch on LUCENE-4524 is failing ant precommit at the moment, with the following error:

RuntimeError: failed to locate javadoc item in build/docs/core/org/apache/lucene/index/DocsEnum.html,
line 166? last line: </tr>

The problem is that DocsEnum is now an abstract subclass of PostingsEnum, which has no constructor
and just overrides some methods, so it generates no method javadoc (everything is inherited),
and checkJavaDocs.py doesn't like that.

It's fairly easy to fix in this case (just add some dummy javadoc), but I was wondering if
this is something that we should detect and ignore?

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk