lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Lucene/Solr 5.0 (alpha)?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 19:53:35 GMT
sounds good, I’m +1 - 5.0 is a big deal and it’ll be good to get the “5.0-FINAL” as
solid as possible.  Having an alpha release would surely get a larger number of folks trying
it out.

	Erik

> On Jan 6, 2015, at 2:48 PM, Anshum Gupta <anshum@anshumgupta.net> wrote:
>
> I'd like to suggest that we call the next release 5.0 alpha and follow it with either
5.0 or 5.0 beta (if need be) on the lines of the 4x releases.

> As for the history behind calling it that, here's a post about the 4.0 alpha release
that should clarify things I'm thinking about.

> http://lucidworks.com/blog/4-0-alpha-whats-in-a-name/ <http://lucidworks.com/blog/4-0-alpha-whats-in-a-name/>
>
> Again, this would be a stable, production release. Like all other public releases but
would give us the freedom to change APIs that need to be changed.