lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject One other question
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2015 18:47:47 GMT
My son-in-law pointed me at a couple of things I wanted to bounce off you
re: retirement plans.

I guess the main question is whether I should put it on my radar to open up
a solr 401K for 2015 (missed the deadline for 2014, I it's been a busy
year).

On a very quick look, there are three options:
1> solo 401(K).
2> just continue with SEP
3> solr 401(K) with defined benefit plan.

I'm guessing that we can take <3> right off the table as it has longer-term
commitments than I want to deal with. Who knows? I could actually, you
know, retire in the next few years.

Is there any downside to the solo 401(K) here? On a _very_ quick glance, it
looks like the setup costs are minimal. How does that interact with the
SEP? I'm hoping that they're independent and I could contribute to one or
the other in a given year and the fact the the other one existed would be
of no consequence.

Thanks,
Erick