lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Why would test timeout not kick in...?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:42:16 GMT
Hi,

This happens in most cases under OOM situations. In that case the test runner loses control
and is unable to shut down. In this case it could be something different, because you still
see a "test method" in the hearbeat. On OOM situations in most cases you see just the test
case name and no method. We have that quite often with Solr tests on Policeman Jenkins, too.
If you want to be sure that a build is aborted, you can also set a maximum timeout for the
whole build in Jenkins. Jenkins will then "kill -9" the whole process structure it launched.
Please note that Jenkins measures the whole build time, so give enough buffer.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen