lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CFP: FOSDEM 2015 - Open Source Search Dev Room
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 12:35:43 GMT
May I suggest the next time they do it, they mention event date and location :-)

It's 31st of January/1st Feb, Brussels if I found the right web page.

Regards,
   Alex.
Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

On 3 November 2014 07:28, Uwe Schindler <uschindler@apache.org> wrote:
> ***Please forward this CFP to anyone who may be interested in participating.***
>
> Hi,
>
> Search has evolved to be much more than simply full-text search. We now rely on “search
engines” for a wide variety of functionality:
> search as navigation, search as analytics and backend for data visualization and sometimes,
dare we say it, as a data store. The purpose of this dev room is to explore the new world
of open source search engines: their enhanced functionality, new use cases, feature and architectural
deep dives, and the position of search in relation to the wider set of software tools.

> We welcome proposals from folks working with or on open source search engines (e.g. Apache
Lucene, Apache Solr, Elasticsearch, Seeks, Sphinx, etc.) or technologies that heavily depend
upon search (e.g.
> NoSQL databases, Nutch, Apache Hadoop). We are particularly interested in presentations
on search algorithms, machine learning, real-world implementation/deployment stories and explorations
of the future of search.

> Talks should be 30-60 minutes in length, including time for Q&A.
>
> You can submit your talks to us here:
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11yLMj9ZlRD1EMU3Knp5y6eO3H5BRK7V38G0OxSfp84A/viewform
>
> Our Call for Papers will close at 23:59 CEST on Monday, December 1, 2014. We cannot guarantee
we will have the opportunity to review submissions made after the deadline, so please submit
early (and often)!