lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with bin/solr script, collection1, and cloud mode
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 19:16:52 GMT
Ok.

I wish the router was an explicit option, separate from declaring
numShards.  And furthermore, that it would never be “implicit” unless you
expressly told it to be.  People sometimes get this router because they
forget numShards, thinking “1 is fine anyway”. — for now.

~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley