lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: How to edit the Solr ref guide
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:03:00 GMT

: OK thanks. I subscribed with the user 'shaie' (name: Shai Erera).

I've added your edit permissions.

: I will fix trivial typos and wording stuff directly there, and if there's a
: bigger change I'll open JIRA issues.

For edits to existing pages, feel free to make them directly.  If you're
talking about wanting to create big hunks of new content, but not being
sure where to put them -- we actaully have a staging area for stuff like
that...

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+Trunk+Changes+to+Document

As evident by the name & intro on the page it was created as a place to
document stuff on trunk so it would be ready to go when 5.0 comes out.

but you can also use it to stage changes (already formated in the wiki
editor) that should go in a 4.x release of the ref guide, but you aren't
sure where exactly it makes the most sense yet.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/