lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Why does Solr bundle all the licences
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:56:38 GMT
Hello,

I am curious what the legal reason for bundling all the .sha and
license files (plus the NOTICE.txt plus the LICENSE.txt)? I am looking
at ElasticSearch by comparison and they have only one.

Even when they download something like Tika as a plugin, they do not
seem download the license files.

Are they out of compliance or is Solr going beyond and above
requirement for some reason.

And, if we do have to have it, would it still be compliant to ship it
as a licences.zip directory (say under docs), as vast majority of the
people will never need to actually extract individual files and it
saves the on-disk representation.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. I need a common tag for my latest bunch of emails. #onboarding?

Current project: http://www.solr-start.com/ - Accelerating your Solr proficiency