lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject abusing Doc values and updating fields....
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 02:40:46 GMT
I had an odd thought and wondered if there's any possibility of
abusing DocValues to make it work. And remember I have very little
real clue about DocValues implementations....

We've seen requests to add a field to the Solr schema or change a
field value, something akin to "update table set col1=foo where
col2=bar" or "add a new field to Solr documents and populate it". It
seems possible to write something that uses DocValues to actually do
something like this. I'm completely fuzzy on what that would look
like, whether one could do this on fields that weren't already
DocValues="true" fields, etc.

But it would be nifty if we could. And what a GSoC project if it makes
any kind of sense!

Erick@TiredEnoughThatAnySuggestionSeemsPossible