lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-SmokeRelease-trunk - Build # 163 - Failure
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 19:45:58 GMT

On Mar 6, 2014, at 2:36 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mar 6, 2014, at 1:24 PM, Michael McCandless <lucene@mikemccandless.com>
wrote:

>>> Should we stop running solr tests in the smoke tester?
>>
>> I think the current best bet if people insist on running Solr tests in the smoke
tester is to do it with -Dtests.slow=false.

> I was the one that added it. I don't insist on running them in the
> smokeTester, i just felt like it was the right thing to do.
>
> Do you think we should turn them off?

Like I said, I think if we want to run them currently, we should do it with -Dtests.slow=false.

I do think it would be nice to be able to run them all, but I think step one is probably going
from no tests to -Dtests.slow=false.

With a little effort from other Solr devs, we are not too far off from being able to do the
whole suit at this point - there has been a bunch of progress from a variety of sources over
the past few weeks.

- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller