lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Артём Луканин <ice...@mail.ru>
Subject Re[2]: waitFlush is not used in SolrServer.commit()
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:42:25 GMT
 Yes, that would be more understandable. Should I make a JIRA ticket for this?
>The wiki says: “   In  Solr4.0   it will be removed. ”
>
>See:
>https://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages
>
>Unfortunately, the new Solr Reference Guide does not include that
note.

>See:
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Uploading+Data+with+Index+Handlers
>
>I would be +1 for having Solr give a 400 error for using it. I mean, the
app is expecting some specific behavior, and that behavior is not going to
happen.

>-- Jack
Krupansky

SolrServer.commit()

>Hello,
>
>I'm
trying to understand how to use commit( boolean waitFlush, boolean waitSearcher,
boolean softCommit )
>It appears, that AbstractUpdateRequest.setAction is
called, which doesn't use waitFlush at all.

>Can we remove waitFlush not
to confuse the users?