lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tao Lin <taolin.bn...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC 2014 on LUCENE-466: Need QueryParser support for BooleanQuery.minNrShouldMatch
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 03:16:11 GMT
Hello,

My name is Tao Lin, a Chinese student from Beijing Normal University Zhuhai
Campus. It's great to see that Han Jiang (also a Chinese student) has
already contributed to Lucene in GSoC 2012 and 2013. Likewise, I'd like to
participant GSoC 2014, on the project of LUCENE-466 [1] (Need QueryParser
support for BooleanQuery.minNrShouldMatch). Is this lucene dev mailing list
the place to discuss gsoc projects? Who will be the mentor(s) for this
project? I see the Assignee of LUCENE-466 is Yonik Seeley. How can I get in
touch with him? Is LUCENE-466 still available as a GSoC 2014 student
project?

For a brief self-introduction, I've successfully completed 2 open source
GSoC projects:
- In GSoC 2011, I worked for Languagetool [2] to develop a Lucene-based
indexing tool that makes it possible to run proof-reading rule against a
large amount of text.
- In GSoC 2012, I added the RDFa metadata support for Apache ODF Toolkit
[3].

Yours,
Tao Lin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-466