lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Why is String.format[] forbidden?
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:53:37 GMT
Hi Benson,

If you use String#format without an explicit Locale, its forbidden because not platform independent,
which is a requirement for an library like Lucene. If you really know for sure that you want
to use the default locale, add Locale.getDefault() explicit. Forbidden checker mentions that
fact when it reports the error.
Lucene 5 (trunk) is based on Java 7, Lucene 4 is based on Java 6.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen