lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Apologies for the noise
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 12:34:07 GMT
While I very much appreciate the effort (thank you Erick!), I don't
think Jira issues should be closed as "won't fix" just because they
are old.

A longstanding still-open issue is often still a valid issue; it's
just that nobody has made time/energy to fix it.

Of course, if the issue really IS won't fix (e.g., because someone
disagrees with fixing it), or is no longer relevant (e.g. because the
feature in question was removed or changed), or what not, then I do
think it should be closed.  But old age alone is not a good reason to
close an issue...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com