lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Solr cloud (4.6.0) instances going down
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:07:32 GMT
Hi,

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

From: ilay raja [mailto:ilay.msp@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:45 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org; solr-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr cloud (4.6.0) instances going down

Hi,

  I have deployed solr cloud with external zookeeper ensemble (5 instances). I am running
solr instances on two servers with single shard index. There are 6 replicas. I often see solr
going down during high search load (or) whenever i run indexing documents. I tried tuning
hardcommit (kept as 15 mins) and softcommits(12 mins). Also, set zkClientTimeout as 30 secs.
I observed sometimes OOM, Socket exceptions., EOF exceptions in solr logs while the instance
is going down. Also, zookeeper recovery for the solr instance is going in loop .... My use
case is sort of high search (100 queries per sec) / heavy indexing (10 K docs per minute).
What is the best way to keep stable solr cloud isntances with external ensemble. Should we
try running zookeeper internally, because looks like zookeeper handshaking might be an issue
as well. Is solr cloud stable for production ? or there are open issues still. Please guide
me.