lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Should build fail if test does not exist?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 23:11:08 GMT
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:

> You need to know your tools -- we should make it more explicit that
> these filters are glob patterns rather than hide this even deeper.

Actually I find it very strange that they are glob patterns, and I
never (intentionally!) take advantage of that.

When I specify a test case and test method, it's always because I'm
trying to specify precisely one.

Is this (the "globbing") really an important feature?  Is it somehow
necessary in the implementation for other reasons?

Another (third) trap I've hit is trying to run a single method, but
accidentally running two because the first method is a prefix of the
second one ... when this happens, I go and rename the methods so there
is no prefix anymore.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com