lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene tests killed one other SSD - Policeman Jenkins
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:30:33 GMT
Hi Karl,

Only 70 full writes seems a little bit low for an SSD. This SSD has a capacity of 64 Gigabytes
so 53 Terabytes written is not bad for it. It already had the first few errors, so you might
be right, as you see from this Smart data:

231 SSD_Life_Left           0x0013   096   096   010    Pre-fail  Always       -       0

So this "arbitrary" counter just went down from 100 to 096. I have the feeling that the current
issues with this SSD are not really write problems, more hardware interface or firmware problems
(as seen quite often for OCZ Vertex 2). Otherwise it would fail very early. According this
data it should survive more 10th of years?

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen