lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Portegys <thomas.porte...@citrix.com>
Subject Question about attributes
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 20:17:01 GMT
First time on forum.

We are planning to use Solr to house some data mining formation, and we are thinking of using
attributes to add some semantic information to indexed content. As a test, I wrote a filter
that adds an "animal" attribute to tokens like "dog", "cat", etc. After adding a document
with my field (animal_text), the attribute shows up in the analysis tab for the collection,
so it seems to have been processed. What I'm not sure of is how attributes are surfaced in
the index for search, either via an URL or programmatically. Any advice is appreciated.