lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: solr no longer webapp
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 08:18:56 GMT
+0

Ideally, Solr won't need to be a webapp. Some things would be simplified by being a selfcontained
app. So I'm ok with playing with alternatives for 6.x or 7.x.

But in the short-to-medium term (5.x), I'd say "There's no real problem to fix". Besides,
users are relying on features of AppServers such as auth and stuff, so we should understand
all those dependencies before jumping.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

3. mai 2013 kl. 06:14 skrev Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com>:

> I think solr should no longer be a war file but a search app. I don't care how it accomplishes
this: jetty, netty, its all up to us.