lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DSMI...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: solr no longer webapp
Date Sun, 05 May 2013 03:37:40 GMT
I feel the same as Shawn; I was quite skeptical until the reasons were
finally given.  And I agree that the war file distribution needs to stick
around longer.  That's a big deal from a user perspective; not something to
happen in a point release.  To be clear, I think a change like this should
happen no sooner than 5.0.

+1 on 5.0
-0 on 4.x

~ David