lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Windows (32bit/jdk1.7.0_17) - Build # 2714 - Failure!
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 23:18:25 GMT

: It's a good point Uwe - some kind of reload callback is probably called for.

Agreed, blanket sleeping is evil ... but a callback is easier said then
done.  there are multiple jetty instances being spun up to run the master
& slave jetty instances ... it's not as easy as just watching an Object.

i've put up a new patch in SOLR-4629 where i've started polling on the
core status URL to watch for the reloaded-core to be registered (by
looking for an updated startTime) ... i'm still testing, but i think this
is a decent way to go.

: My other concern about that core reload is this:

I'm not totally following what you are saying -- is there a bug open for
this to track it?  (I just filled another issue that concern me
related to this confFile update core reload situation, SOLR-4669, and i'm
wondering if we can fix two birds with one stone)

-Hoss