lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Adam Hahn (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (SOLR-4729) Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 04:19:15 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4729?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Adam Hahn updated SOLR-4729:
----------------------------

    Description: 
It seems you can no longer use a wildcard as the source when defining a copyField.  I don't
believe that this was fixed as part of SOLR-4650 since I've tested it with the 4/17 nightly
build and it doesn't work.

I'm using the following line: <copyField source="*" dest="text"/>

-If I index something, this line is ignored.-  If I go to the Analysis tab, the fields aren't
populated and I see the error: 'org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field: "*"'
in the log.

This worked correctly in 4.0, but I didn't test it in 4.1.

  was:
It seems you can no longer use a wildcard as the source when defining a copyField.  I don't
believe that this was fixed as part of SOLR-4650 since I've tested it with the 4/17 nightly
build and it doesn't work.

I'm using the following line: <copyField source="*" dest="text"/>

If I index something, this line is ignored.  If I go to the Analysis tab, the fields aren't
populated and I see the error: 'org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field: "*"'
in the log.

This worked correctly in 4.0, but I didn't test it in 4.1.

    
> Using a copyField with * as the source doesn't work
> ---------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-4729
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4729
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Schema and Analysis
>    Affects Versions: 4.2
>            Reporter: Adam Hahn
>
> It seems you can no longer use a wildcard as the source when defining a copyField.  I
don't believe that this was fixed as part of SOLR-4650 since I've tested it with the 4/17
nightly build and it doesn't work.
> I'm using the following line: <copyField source="*" dest="text"/>
> -If I index something, this line is ignored.-  If I go to the Analysis tab, the fields
aren't populated and I see the error: 'org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field:
"*"' in the log.
> This worked correctly in 4.0, but I didn't test it in 4.1.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message